The Competency Programme seeks to ensure nurses are safe to practice in New Zealand and is required to be undertaken by:
– Overseas Nurses directed to complete a competency-based programme in order to attain registration with the New Zealand Nursing Council.
– New Zealand Nurses returning to clinical practice after a five-year absence.
I am proud to say that I was a CAP student Nurse of Rosebank. Rosebank is a wonderful environment to explore, learn and grow. They have well trained and expertise tutors and staff, who are very helpful to clear my doubts during the postings.
We had good clinical exposure within the rest home and hospital side of Rosebank. We were treated with respect and care, even though we are foreigners. Also, they have a sociable and friendly atmosphere.
I strongly recommend Rosebank to pursue the dream of becoming RN in NZ.
Thank you Rosebank and team providing this opportunity and guiding me to pursue my career in New Zealand, Anju Joseph - October 2021
I am more than happy to provide a testimony for the competency programme in which I was a participant in 2013. This course was a valuable learning experience for me to understand the New Zealand health system and helped me with the easy transition of my practice to New Zealand settings. The course provided me with great confidence to work comfortably with health consumers. My educator was an excellent tutor who was very encouraging and positive. The staff and management are very welcoming and friendly which helped me to settle easily especially in the first weeks of my life in New Zealand.
I am pretty sure that the CAP programme in Rosebank will provide an easy transition for future students to the NZ health system.
John Mathai RN PGCertHSc - October 2021
Rosebank Lifecare’s requirements prior to programme entry:
1. Copy of the Nursing Council of New Zealand letter directing them to complete a CAP, and indicating their type of registration
2. Evidence of pass result in a Nursing Council-approved English language assessment, maximum of 2 sittings only
3. Current Curriculum Vitae with references
4. Letter of application
5. Visa ( if you are residing in NZ currently)
Applications are now open for 2022 courses
The course dates are:
- 14th March to 3rd May
- 23rd May to 11th July
- 1st August to 15th September
- 3rd October to 18th November
- A maximum of three students only are enrolled per CAP course. There are four courses scheduled per year.
- To be considered for placement on our course you must have had a minimum of three years adult general medical/general surgical postgraduate experience. If your experience is primarily in Operating Theatre/PICU/Paediatric/Obstetrics or Emergency nursing you may not be considered for placement.
- If you have current experience in Aged Care in NZ your application may be considered once your references have been checked.
- The course fee for 2022 is $8,900.00 and is subject to change.
- The course runs for a minimum of 7 weeks depending on whether nursing competencies are met without extension being required. A maximum of 12 weeks to complete the course to standard can be negotiated.
- Accommodation is not included in the course fee. This is organised independently by the student. Boarding recommendations are provided on acceptance on the course. Insurances are the responsibility of the student.
- Rosebank is an Aged Care organisation that offers exclusive exposure to this health sector only. Due to the large number of applicants there is no guarantee that you will secure a position on our programme, therefore we advise you to continue to apply with the other CAP providers.
For more information on the programme contact our staff educator at [email protected]